Book Review - The Jefferson Key

The Jefferson Key (Cotton Malone, #7)The Jefferson Key by Steve Berry

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I love the historical research that Berry does for his books. I always feel like I've learned something while being entertained. This book taught me about privateers/pirates, Thomas Jefferson's love of cyphers and the assassinations of the U.S. Presidents.

Cotton and Cassiopeia have their NYC weekend interrupted by an attempt on the President's life that is traced back to a group called the Commonwealth. Descendents of pirates who became Government sanctioned privateers, the Commonwealth considers themselves patriots while ignoring U.S. and international law.

Violence and puzzle solving abound as the mysteries are solved. While entertaining, I thought there were too many players in the story. I had a bit of trouble keeping everyone straight until well in to the book. However, not to give a spoiler, there was one new character that I think would be fun to see again.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020