The League



If you’ve ever played Fantasy sports (or had to be with someone who was), you’ll find a lot to laugh at in this series. I caught the first season on Netflix and I watched all of the episodes in one night even though I really should have gone to bed. It was that funny.

All of it was there:
  • That one guy who drafts someone who isn’t playing.
  • The commissioner begging everyone to pay up.
  • The wife who’s really running the team.
  • The agony of the injury report (it really doesn’t tell you if the player’s going to start).
  • The trash talking.
  • The owner who forgets to set a full lineup and still wins.
  • The unreasonable anger when a player goes off in a game and causes you to lose with their extraordinary performance (I still hate Vince Young for keeping me out of the playoffs last year).
  • The debate of who to start come playoff time.

Besides football, there’s some friendship and relationship storylines. The guys in the show have known each other since school. I can only surmise they still hang out together because no one else will have them. Their verbal abuse of each other makes me cringe and laugh at the same time. Nick Kroll is especially good as I don’t see anything redeeming in his character but I find him very entertaining, nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020