The Fonz

Aaaayhh!

If you're old, you think of Milwaukee and remember Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley. The former started when I was actually quite young (trying to convince myself that I'm not old). There were a lot of great characters on those shows but none as cool as Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli.

Seriously, he was the guy we all wanted to be like. Until he jumped the shark and then it was just sad.

I still use a Fonzie line to this day. "I was woo-oo-oo." Steven practically pees his pants for joy when I actually articulate the full word of wrong.

So, imagine our joy at finding a statue of Fonzie down by the river in Milwaukee. Coolness. In true Midwestern fashion, it's just kind of there. No big fanfare, not really a central location, just sitting there.


Here's a list who paid for the statue. What I wish to be able to say that I'm related to the Pfister Hotel people in some way but, alas, I'm not.

My friend and Trop Rock musician, Bob Karwin has said that he wants to do a show from the Bronze Fonz's location. You do it, Bob, and I'll be there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020