Just Another Gringo In Belize

I know I said I was going back to regular postings on my blog then I pretty much disappeared and looked like a loser. I had a great reason, though. I was in beautiful Belize!

The concept of the trip started quite a while ago. One of my Parrot Head friends used to be a travel agent and has been to Belize a bunch of times. He started talking about a group trip and was encouraged by several of us to make it so. Despite some of those early encouragers bailing on us (boo), the event was put together and held.

Around 30 Parrot Heads from Minnesota, Iowa, Arizona, Texas, Kansas City (and I think Washington DC and North Carolina) descended upon Ambergris Caye in Belize for a week of fun, sun and shenanigans.

Let's just say they're going to remember us.

Ambergris Caye is delightful. The people were very friendly, the drink prices (very important) were low, the food was good and the weather couldn't have been better.

A Week Here Was A Week In Paradise

Our group was great. No one got bent out of shape about anything and there was always someone you could find to hang out with no matter what you wanted to do. And, this group did a lot. Besides day-drinking, people went snorkeling, fishing, zip-lining, cruising, cave tubing, ruins exploring and shopping. There seemed to be a lot of shopping.

My days started with breakfast at the hotel and loading pictures to Facebook from the day before. The wifi hotspot was only at the restaurant/bar so the only time I was online was first thing in the morning. It was a bit freeing to not be connected other than that. Then, it was off for the day's adventures which I will detail in future posts.

We all enjoyed it so much that we're planning on another trip the same week in 2015. That decision was only reinforced as everyone came home to snow and rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020