Book Review - Voyager

Voyager is the third book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. It finds Claire and Jamie reunited in Scotland and off on an adventure to the new world when Jamie's nephew, Young Ian, is kidnapped by pirates. They make it to Jamaica and Haiti, encounter a serial killer and some voodoo and there's a surprise appearance by a character from the first book who was presumed dead. This was better than the second book, Dragonfly In Amber.

These things are literary crack! I'm 500 pages into the 4th book and I can't take it to work with me because I want to close my office door and read all day. I mean, it's an almost overwhelming urge. Not too productive for the old employer.

My addicted friend Chris and I are going to a Gabaldon signing for the latest book in the series at The Poisoned Pen on Sep. 27. (Great, another 1000 pager I'll feel compelled to get through ASAP.) We plan to confess that when we were professional booksellers, we didn't think these books were going to be that good but that we are now completely converted to the Outlander cult.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020