Vegas - Saturday

Maria and I had a great plan for Saturday morning. We were going to head to the pool and read while Sugar Daddy slept in. He likes to sleep a lot.

We did hit the pool around 9 after getting Maria some coffee and both of us a little breakfast snack. There are 4 pools at Caesar's. We decided to skip the topless one and hang by the main pool. It's awesome - it looks like a big fountain and is huge.

I don't even think we opened our books. We were chatting and watching boys when SD called. He was up and ready to go. He came out to sit with us but as soon as the shade left, we were done.

Before we left, Maria and I were checking out this one guy. Yummy! Probably about 20. He was toweling off and I said out loud, "I wonder if he needs any help with that?" Since my voice carries so well (nice way of saying I'm really loud), I'm pretty sure he heard me because he started laughing and there was no one around him. Didn't get me anywhere though. Darn.

We cabbed it to Binion's and grabbed some lunch before hitting the tables. We love Binion's. SD had a great run there on one of our trips and the dealers are always cool. Our dealer, Vanita, was great and gave us the scoop on Harrah's buying of Binion's and taking the World Series of Poker and the Horseshoe name. My guess is that Harrah's is going to demolish the Imperial Palace and put up a new place called the Horseshoe.

After about 4 hours, I was down $100 so it was time to go to the Golden Gate. It's really divey but I love it! There are $3 Blackjack tables and the patrons are usually quite chatty. Maria and SD played roulette while I settled in at Blackjack.

A couple of hours later, they wanted to get dinner. I, of course, do not eat dinner in Vegas especially when I'm winning. They didn't want to leave me there but they really wanted to go back to the strip to eat. I just kept playing while they hemmed and hawed. Finally, they figured out they could leave me there, cab back to the strip and eat and cab back and I would still be in the same place. I was all over that plan and waved them away.

Meanwhile, the Bristol race was on a nearby TV. I talked NASCAR with several players and clearly stated , "I don't want to know who wins the race." This drunken, local guy took a bathroom break and announced when he got back, "Kenseth won the race." I told him, "What part of me not wanting to know that did you not get?" He was too far gone to even realize what I was saying. I should have punched him in the head.

About 11 PM, my cell phone rang. It was SD who had figured out it was kinda silly to come back and get me since Maria had lost all her gambling money and was calling it a night. I told him I'd cab it back on my own, I am a grown up after all.

We met up in the Caesar's lobby and headed over to O'Shea's and a $10 table. I was cozying up to this guy who sounded just like Dennis Miller but the guy's friend busted out and wanted to leave. I realized it was time to call it a night when I knocked a beer over on the table. It's a definite sign when I waste alcohol like that. So, at 2 AM, we headed back to our rooms.

Total money spent for the weekend: me, $280. SD, close to $2,000 (gambling, hotel, airfare...).

Yes, there is a real reason I call him Sugar Daddy.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020