Last Man Standing

I finally have time to tell the tale of last Friday night.

Norene and I were headed to Russ and Tamyra's for the Mark Mulligan house concert then some serious BSing, drinking, cigar smoking, maybe hot tubbing afterwards. The plan was set but the question remained: could Russ stay up past midnight?

See, the last party we went to at their place, the four of us were sitting out on the patio when Russ got up to go to the bathroom. A while later, Norene did the same. A long while later, Tamyra and I realized that neither one seemed to be coming back. We found Norene passed out on the couch and Russ passed out in his bed. He was still in his clothes. Looked suspiciously corpse like, to be honest.

That was our sign to call it a night so we did.

But, Russ boldly stated he was going to stay up this time and at least outlast Tamyra. She told him he was getting bashed on my blog and in some emails about his early retirement so he was really determined this time.

The evening went as planned. We had some beers (a lot actually, except for Norene as she was driving) and even hit the hot tub. In swimsuits (except for Norene) so keep your minds out of the gutter on that one (unless you want to think about Norene, in or out of a gutter, then feel free).

Around 3, Tamyra cried Uncle and said she had to go to bed. She was tucked in before I changed out of my suit. Russ made me witness her lying there to confirm his victory at being the Last Man Standing (at least in his house).

I told him that overall, she was ahead of him since she lasted to 3 AM compared to his 12 AM but he didn't want to hear any of that and chose to focus on that night's victory alone. Whatever makes him feel better...Tamyra and I know the truth.

Norene and I crashed some time around 4:30 or so. I think that gives us the ultimate victory.


Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020