Fun Night!

Some us went to see The Vander Project play at Aunt Chilada's on Dreamy Draw last night. Pirate Rick, Julie and Woody had gone to see them a couple weeks ago and thought they were great. They were!

The played an awesome mix of music. Some examples were If I Had A Million Dollars by Bare Naked Ladies, Layla which everyone should know is a Clapton classic, a couple Tom Petty songs and, for us, Margaritaville. I went to the bathroom during the latter as is my tradition (I mean, come on, how many times can you hear that song?) but I could still hear Julie yell "Bullshit" at the appropriate time. There were lots of other great songs that I could (quietly or at least trying to be) sing along to, too.

One of the guys played a song for us called Sex And Beer. It's an 8th Floor song if I ever heard one. Funny stuff.

BTW, I've made no secret of the fact that I want to learn the bass. I think the bass players are the coolest members in a band. The Rocket Scientist told me last night that there's no way I can be the bass player. It wasn't about lack of musical talent (which I lack plenty). No, his reasoning was that the bass player is too much in the background and I need to be front and center in the spotlight. I'm not sure whether to give him credit for knowing me so well or being irritated that he thinks I always have to be the center of all things. I'm not that much of a prima donna, am I?

OK, don't anyone actually answer that question.

Anywhooo, it was a fun evening and the service wasn't that bad. In fact, for Aunt Chilada's, it was pretty good.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020