Fun Night!

Some us went to see The Vander Project play at Aunt Chilada's on Dreamy Draw last night. Pirate Rick, Julie and Woody had gone to see them a couple weeks ago and thought they were great. They were!

The played an awesome mix of music. Some examples were If I Had A Million Dollars by Bare Naked Ladies, Layla which everyone should know is a Clapton classic, a couple Tom Petty songs and, for us, Margaritaville. I went to the bathroom during the latter as is my tradition (I mean, come on, how many times can you hear that song?) but I could still hear Julie yell "Bullshit" at the appropriate time. There were lots of other great songs that I could (quietly or at least trying to be) sing along to, too.

One of the guys played a song for us called Sex And Beer. It's an 8th Floor song if I ever heard one. Funny stuff.

BTW, I've made no secret of the fact that I want to learn the bass. I think the bass players are the coolest members in a band. The Rocket Scientist told me last night that there's no way I can be the bass player. It wasn't about lack of musical talent (which I lack plenty). No, his reasoning was that the bass player is too much in the background and I need to be front and center in the spotlight. I'm not sure whether to give him credit for knowing me so well or being irritated that he thinks I always have to be the center of all things. I'm not that much of a prima donna, am I?

OK, don't anyone actually answer that question.

Anywhooo, it was a fun evening and the service wasn't that bad. In fact, for Aunt Chilada's, it was pretty good.

Popular posts from this blog

This Is How Fat Thinks

TV At Its Finest

Frank Abagnale - The Art of the Steal