Isn't She Lovely?

I gots me an acoustic bass! It was only a matter of time.

The Rocket Scientist told me last week that he had to go to the music store so I asked him to check if they had any acoustic basses there. He countered with, "Why don't I just take you with me?" That pretty much guaranteed in my mind that, if they had some, I was buying.

We went yesterday and they had four of them lined up on the wall. We started with the least expensive one. It was too big. I would have really struggled to work on the lower frets. We moved on to the next one up the price list and it was still too big. We got to the third one and it felt just right. The neck wasn't too long and the body wasn't very deep. We didn't even take the most expensive one down. The body looked deeper and it wasn't appreciably shorter.

My new baby.

It has a built in tuner and a pickup so I can hook it up to an amp if I want to. I think I'm probably loud enough without that at this point.
Of course, I had to accessorize. I bought a case, an instructional DVD and several picks. The guy told me to try out different thicknesses on the picks so I got 4 different ones in various pretty colors. The last thing I got was a strap.
They had plain nylon straps for $6. As if. I immediately went to the patterned ones and browsed through their entire stock. I passed on the flames, the skulls and heavy rock looking ones until I found "the" strap.

Perfect for a Princess.

What first caught my eye was the flower pattern. When I saw the peace sign, I knew it was the one for me. Steven checked it out today and called me a hippie. I can live with that.
I screwed around with it yesterday until all of the fingers on my left hand hurt and I've done the same tonight. I've got to toughen up.
I feel totally cool playing it.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020