A Night at Pier 54

Sammy and Elizabeth have been talking about Pier 54 for a while now. It's a restaurant on the Lakes in Tempe, literally on the lake. You can pull up in your boat to get to it. They have live music on Friday night, a bar and tables all overlooking the water. Sammy thinks it would be a great place for a club happy hour and he really wanted me to check it out.

The Rocket Scientist and I joined them there for dinner last night and it was just as cool as advertised. We had a great view of the water and Christmas Island in the middle of the lake. The food was good and my Miller Lites were only $2. Sweet! Of course, it being me, they were out of my first drink choice of Four Peaks Hefe.

As a digression, apparently I am nothing without The Rocket Scientist anymore. I went to dinner last week with some of the gang and Woody greeted me with, "Where's The Rocket Scientist?" I'm not even sure he said hello first. I told him TRS was working on the float. On Friday night at the club happy hour, Pirate Rick said to me, "No Rocket Scientist?" I know he didn't even say hello first. I told Rick that we're not actually joined at the hip.

Anywhoo, I don't think my Princess ego can take much more of it so I made sure to invite TRS to dinner. Turns out, he went to high school with Sammy's daughter. It is a small town.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020