Book Review - Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance

Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance by Atul Gawande


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was our monthly book club selection and a fine choice. Warm and easy reading by a surgeon on several medical topics involving a positive deviant. That being the person(s) who did an extraordinary job and what can be learned from them.

I can't say enough about the readability. The prose was elegant and medical issues were explained superbly in layman's terms. Not the usual stuff you would get from a doctor as they're generally more jargon and technically oriented.

The chapter on medical professionals who assist in prison executions stood out the most for me. What a dilemma. They've sworn to save lives yet are assisting in extinguishing them. Beautifully and compassionately written.I highly recommend this one.

View all my reviews >>

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020