Welcome to Arizona, Fall

Seems like everyone has a different indicator for when it's the fall season and no one uses the actual calendar. While my friends up North are getting frost and even snow (shudder), we are enjoying some temperate weather here in the Valley. By temperate, I mean it's still been over 100, just not every day. For most folks, that probably sounds like summer.

I'm ready to call it fall despite the frequent 100 degree days because I encountered my personal fall marker this morning. My thermostat is set to 78 and it was 76 when I got up. That's the first time the indoor temp has been under the thermostat since spring. There have also been some secondary indicators like the fact that I can just have the vent on in the car without frying and I've enjoyed the moon roof being open on several evenings of late.

What I really think I'm going to enjoy is the one month or so where I won't need the A/C or the heater on at all in the house. Those are very nice electric bills.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020