Cold Weather Wimps

We've enjoyed a very temperate fall here in the Valley. And by temperate, I mean it's been pretty warm. Still up in the 80s and even 90s in October and I haven't turned the A/C off in my house yet.

This week, a freaky Arctic storm hit us and we've all started whining like it's 20 below with a windchill of -20. Actually, we did have a 20 degree shift in the high temperature that was pretty shocking to the system as it's only 65 today.

Here are some indications as to how cold it is:

I've worn closed toed shoes for 3 days in a row. No sandals for this girl right now.
Today, I even put on socks!
I'm wearing a sweater for the second day in a row and today's is the heavy, cable knit one.
My house got down to 71 overnight.

I realize that anyone from the Midwest or East finds those ridiculous indicators of cold weather but, for Phoenix, they're really accurate ones.

Fortunately, it's supposed to be back in the low 80s come this weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020