Expect Even MORE Vacation Updates

My buddy Dave got a new Crackberry and, as he was showing it to me, he mentioned that he can use it as a modem for his laptop. it's a process called tethering and you basically access the internet via your phone (if you have a data plan). I vaguely remember the Verizon guy telling me something about it when I got my phone and I think it was because he was trying to sell me the cable to connect phone and computer. Figuring it was something I would never do, I shrugged it off.

But, after Dave left my office, I got to thinking. That's a way cool feature. I could take my laptop on all of my trips and not have to pay a hotel for wi-fi or leech off someone's wireless network. I asked Sugar Daddy about it and he said he thought I could do it but told me to google the how-to since he's not hooked up his iPhone and MacBook.

Google is my friend. I found a blog entry where a guy went through the steps to enable Bluetooth, download an app from Verizon and make the two devices talk to each other. After a few missteps, including sending an access request to someone's phone in our call center instead of my phone, I managed to hook it all up. And, it's wireless so I didn't need that cable after all.

Of course, for some people that much connectivity would be used for work or blogging or emailing. My first thought:

Facebook picture uploads from anywhere!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020