A Year In Review One Month At A Time - April 2014

Because anyone can do a Pub Crawl in their own home town...

Scott is always proud to be in charge of Phred
My friends Tracy and Scott moved to Irvine, CA a while back. They're always trying to entice us to come over and visit. The lure of the San Diego Parrot Head Club Pub Crawl was too much for me to resist.

This trip was too dang fun! There was a string of bars that were each creating a free specialty drink for us and also providing much needed snacks. The club had chartered two double decker buses and staggered the arrival times between the two so the bars weren't overwhelmed. They also planned it so the tow buses overlapped at each place so we all got to spend time together.

Tracy, Scott and I started out at the host bar, Paradise Bar & Grill, around 9 AM with the plan to pace ourselves. One drink per bar, we said, decisively! Really, we mean it! We aren't going to bed early, no siree!

I think Tracy and I had two beers and the specialty drink before we got on the bus for the first crawl. So, there went our plan for moderation with the smallest hope we could recover it.

It was fun, fun, fun from there. Scott and I took turns tagging our group in so we could keep track of where we'd been. Thank goodness for Facebook checkins - here's where we went:

  • Paradise Lounge and Grill
  • Skybox Sports Grill
  • Redwing Bar and Grill
  • Fiddler's Green
  • Desi's Bar & Grill
  • Kristy's MVP Sports Bar
  • back to Paradise Lounge and Grill
The only downside was the effect of riding the top of the bus on my hair.

Can you say tangled beyond rat's nest?

It took all of the conditioner I had with me to get it unsnarled the next morning.

Oh, and if there was any question about whether we got back on our planned pacing level, well, Scott did much better than Tracy and I did. I completely gave up after Tracy ordered the second Moscow Mule at one of the bars. Let's just leave it at that.

Oh, part two, we were in bed by 8:30 that night. Thank goodness for taxis and hotels near the bar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020