Book Review - Mary, Mary

I haven't done a book review in a long time. There's only one reason why I haven't:

I've been too emotionally fragile lately to withstand the withering comments of the Jello Shot Prince on my literary choices.

OK, not really.

I haven't had a lot of time to read much and even less time to blog about it. But, really, it doesn't take all that long to make a post so I guess I have to go with the "I've been lazy" reason.

Mary, Mary is the latest Alex Cross novel from James Patterson, one of my favorite authors. Carol loaned me her copy ages ago and I read it right away. Have I returned it yet? Nope. Despite having seen Carol or Moose a dozen times since then, I can't seem to remember to give the book back.

Enough digression, here's what I thought. It's a typical Cross episode with Alex trying to solve the serial murders of Hollywood players. There were the requisite red herrings and I didn't figure out the ending ahead of time which was a bonus.

I found myself getting annoyed with Cross' personal life. He has an ongoing custody battle with his youngest son's Mother and I kept thinking "enough, already!" But, then I thought that the situation isn't uncommon in real life and it does give Cross more of a fleshed out personality so it stopped bugging me as much.

Overall, it was a good addition to the Alex Cross books.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020