I'm Afraid This Is Just The Beginning

I went to another funeral service today. This time, it was for my friend Scott's Dad. Scott and I have known each other since grade school. He was a later in life baby so his parents are older than mine and his Dad was 81 when he passed away.

Ironically, Scott's wife and I told each other at Mom O'Malley's service that we needed to get together at some other time than weddings and funerals. We were so right. Two funerals in a month's time really makes you think about touching base with old friends sooner rather than later.

I'm in the generation where our parents are getting older and I'm afraid these events are going to happen more frequently. I'm also in the generation where some of us are still getting married and having kids (and some are having Grandkids, thank goodness that's not me) so we're surrounded by the circle of life.

Scott's Dad had a very full life and, while there was a lot of sadness, there was joy in celebrating his life and the effect he had on others. I don't think anyone could ask for more than that.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020