What a party!

First off, I just gotta say, "The parking lot at Cricket was so frakking fun!"

We got there just at the right time to park behind the Bonds' motorhome and it was the perfect spot in the action. Guess I should be happy that Grandpa's meeting at work ran late...not that I was happy at the time. Steven was loving watching me fret about getting there late (like 3:15 PM instead of 3 PM for an 8 PM concert is late). It's that OCD thing combined with a huge fear of missing anything fun.

We (and by we, I mean everyone else as I was the Princess again, somehow) got everything set up before Steven and I took off to hand out event badges to people. We worked the whole row of cars and trucks before I handed the rest of the badges over to the Membership Chair to distribute. It wasn't easy picking our people out of the crowd - this is the only event where a Hawaiian shirt isn't a good indicator that you know the person wearing it.

I got to meet a LOT of people, in between answering my cell phone to give people directions on where to find us and handling the last minute ticket distribution. I didn't really get a chance to spend much quality time with anyone, though, because people kept coming up to ask, "Are you Kathy?" They usually followed that up with, "It's nice to finally meet you.", "Thanks for setting this up." (Actually Crime Dog did most of the arranging and Steve "The Human Conduit" Cantwell did most of the equipment transportation) and "Can I use your motorhome bathroom?"

The latter option got cut off by Grandpa after there was a line going out the door of people he didn't know. It was nice while it lasted.

I got to see some of my homies from Tucson and met some more Utah folks who were very nice (but not as charming as Gary - I think he has the Utah monopoly on that) and met so many new people that my brain overloaded while trying to remember all of their names. I was especially psyched to see my friends Mark and Susie that used to work with me. They were taking their daughter, Kea, to her first Buffett show. She was ready for it. Even had her own straw hat with parrots dangling from it.

It was Steven's first Buffett show and he was expecting it to be all old folks there. I'd told him there would be hot, likely drunk chicks willing to show off their assets but he didn't believe me until he saw them there. I'd say he had a good time. He and Julie made a run through the lot selling club merchandise then he made a feast out of Chef Todd's burgers and potato salad. Todd loved him for his enthusiastic appetite! The only bummer was that someone stepped on his foot on the way into the show so he ended up watching it while fighting off a lot of pain.

Oh yeah, there was a concert, too. It wasn't the same without the horns and he didn't play Pascagoula Run so I give it a B-. I did see the whole thing in a fairly sober state despite Roger's flask of Absolut Raspberry.

Freakishly tall Steven and Roger.

Julie, Barb and John.

I thought the pack of smokes in his boxers was the perfect accessory to his outfit.

Julie, Rick and Crime Dog. That's Grandpa's RV behind them.

Ugliest.

Hawaiian.

Shirt.

Ever!

Chef Todd and Kristie. She's as pretty as a Barbie doll and way cool.

Well, of course I was surrounded by men most of the time. I mean, I am the Princess!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020