Down For The Count

Did someone get the license plate number of the truck that hit me?

I'm not sure what was ailing me...I don't think I've been exposed to any tse-tse flies but I have had some sort of sleeping sickness.

I went out for dinner with a friend on Wednesday. No big party night or anything and was asleep between 11 and 12. That's not unusual for me. Woke up at 5 and felt like utter crap. Headache, muscle aches, stomach not quite queasy but not quite right and still very, tired. I tried to sleep it off until 7:45 but actually felt worse then.

Unlike Shorty, I've learned to call in to work when I'm under the weather so I left a VM for my boss, called in an update to a guy holding a meeting I was supposed to be in and went back to bed...until 12:45. I followed my few hours of uptime with a two hour nap at 3 and was back in bed by 8:30 or so until 6 AM this morning.

I'm not even going to do the math on how much sleep that was. I feel much better today. I can only guess at the cause...maybe fighting off some bug, stress related or just the eventual collapse from burning not just one candle at both ends but a candelabra.

At least I didn't have what Crime Dog did.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020