Off to the races....

We now interrupt our regularly scheduled Parrot Head activities to move to Gear Head world.

I'm so excited! We took the RV out to PIR last night. Man, there were already like a gazillion people out there. We were luck to find a spot, in fact. Our neighbor there said he'd been there since Saturday.

We didn't get out there until almost 9 PM and I was beat from only getting a few hours sleep post-concert so I just wanted to jump back in the car and head home. But, we had to set up first. I should say, Grandpa had to set up. I just stood and watched for the most part. He was all "Mr. RV" and explained to me why he'd like to have hydraulic shocks and whatnot that I didn't pay attention to. To straighten it out, he had to put various sized boards under a couple of tires and drive up on them. He was so excited when he was done you'd have thought he actually won the Cup race. Then, it was turn on the water and put the screen over the front window and have a beer before we headed back.

Today, it's turning into a "how soon can you leave work?" thing so we can get out there ASAP. Cup Qualifying starts at 5:40 and I don't want to miss that. Most people I know would find it dull as watching paint dry but I love watching them go zooming by.

Go Jimmie!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020