And The Winner Was...

Neither Poker nor Work won in the battle for my time yesterday. A sleeper entry won instead...and, pun completely happenstance, it was Sleep.

It's not what I was going for, though. Poker was actually in the lead at 5:30 PM last night. But, then I called Pirate Rick and asked him what time he thought the tourney would be over. He estimated around 11.

Since I was already dead tired, I did some mental math. A 12 work day was going to give me a lot more mattress time than a 10 hour work day, 1 1/2 drive time to and from the casino and 4 hours playing cards (assuming I made it until 11).

So, I worked a little over 12 hours then headed home. Dinner was chips and one beer accompanied by one episode of poker.

I was fast asleep by 9:30 so I think I made the right choice.

However, I did put next week's tourney on my calendar. In theory, we should be less busy then.

Popular posts from this blog

This Is How Fat Thinks

TV At Its Finest

Washy Washy