What A Finish!

Since I was at the Suns' game, I recorded the Martinsville race. As I played it back, I thought Jimmie was going to have an OK day but nothing special.

I was wrong.

Thanks to a well timed pit stop and some cautions, he took the lead and refused to relinquish it.

Jeff Gordon (Jimmie's teammate and car owner for those who don't know) got up on Jimmie's tail and the two battled for the lead for 53 laps. 53 stress filled laps of attempted passes, great blocks and lots of bumping. I was an emotional wreck.

Kudos to Gordon for not wrecking Jimmie as that was the only way he was going to win. Jimmie blocked him good, maybe too good because Gordon was clearly not happy about it. Though, he did say Jimmie did what he needed to do to win.

It came down to the last lap with a bunch of banging and a sprint to the finish. Jimmie's margin of victory was something like .19 seconds. That's pretty dang close.

Correction: I read in the paper this morning that the margin was .065 seconds. That's incredibly close.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020