Sting Pull Out a Squeaker

Saturday night's Sting game against the San Jose Stealth was a battle of the two best goalies in the National Lacrosse League. The first period certainly showed how good our Blasdell and their Cosmo are. The score at the break was 1-0 in favor of the Stealth.

We decided to watch the game from the Lexus Club which gave us bar service and TVs so Woody and I could keep up on the Florida-UCLA game. Another nicety is that the bathroom is really close. I decided to make a quick run to the restroom while the Stinkettes, er, I mean Stingettes were performing before the second period started.

I swear I was gone less than two minutes but, in that time, the Stealth had scored two more goals! Of course, my potty break was blamed for the goals. The Stealth then built a 5-0 lead. I think the Sting were a little tired from Friday night's win against the league leading Colorado Mammoth and the trip home from Denver.

The Sting came back with five straight goals, thank goodness, to get us back in the game. Led by my guy Dan Dawson's 4 goals and 3 assists and Curt Malawsky's 3 goals and 1 assist, the Sting ended up with a 10-9 win. San Jose made it a little scary at the end with a comeback attempt so I didn't rest easy until the final buzzer went off.

The win guaranteed the Sting a playoff spot so it looks like I'll get to see some post-season games.

Sweet!

It was the premier wearing of my Sting jersey so I was really happy for the win. I would have hated for my jersey to be an unlucky charm.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020