Sad State of Affairs

Tomorrow is the spring NASCAR race in Phoenix. My buds from Tucson and I have tickets and were planning on spending all day out there before catching the night race.

I love the night race. The cars are so pretty and sparkling under the lights and it's just a great time.

As I was resolving a work problem last Saturday around 8 AM, I got a call from Tucson. My friends need to put their house on the market ASAP and they just couldn't see how to fit the race in with all that they have to do. They begged off the race and, since everyone I know that wants to go to the race already is, I told them to go ahead and try to sell all of our tickets.

My initial reaction after I got off the phone?

Not disappointment at missing the race which is what I would expect.

Nope, it was relief.

I was stressing to the max about spending all of Saturday at the race then having to do a ton of stuff on Sunday before going into our final week of integration work and I was trying to fathom how I was going fit it all in. Now that I have all day tomorrow (I'm going to DVR the race so I can watch it later tomorrow night), I can fill the time with cleaning the house, doing a little shopping and going into work.

The fact that I'd rather clean, shop and work rather than hanging at the track and watching the cars make left turns is sad indeed.

Life will be back to normal in less than two weeks so the whining will stop, I promise.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020