Sports Numbers

I've been thinking about this post for over a week. What triggered the thought was the announcement that many MLB players were going to wear #42 in honor of Jackie Robinson last Sunday. I wish every player had worn it. That would have been a great gesture (and made for one confusing score card).

I got to thinking about how I unconsciously associate some numbers with athletes from various sports. I don't even need to see the number related to a sport - just seeing the digits makes my mind instantly go to a player.

I'm sure a lot of NASCAR folks react the same way to the number 3. For them, it's Dale Earnhardt's number and that's all she wrote.

Anywho, here's my list:

4 - NFL Brett Favre
6 - NLL Dan Dawson (we'll see if that lasts)
9 - NBA Dan Majerle
17 - MLB Mark Grace
23 - MLB Ryne Sandburg
25 - MLB David Dellucci
27 - NHL John Tonelli
48 - NASCAR Jimmie Johnson
99 - NHL Wayne Gretzky

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020