An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

I was lounging in my jammies and reading one of the latest James Patterson books (Step on a Crack) when my phone rang a little before 10 AM. It was one of my buds calling to ask if I wanted two tickets to the Suns/Mavericks game today. I asked what time the game was and he apologized for the short notice and said it was starting at 12:30.

I told him I thought I could fit it in.

Compared to my agenda for the day which was to attack the jungle that is my back patio (a task I put off yesterday to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for the nth time), going to see the two premier teams in the West play was a fabulous idea.

My first call was to Steven who was at work and unable to get away. After listening to him curse and rail for a few minutes, I called Doona who was in.

Great game! It was close for the first three quarters but the Suns ended up dominating the Mavs and won 126-104. The only annoyance was the lack of travelling calls on the Mavs' Notwitzki. I guess he must have a "I get to take three steps" card from the officials.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020