Taken For Granted?

Apparently, I'm just the expected moth to The Rocket Scientist's flame.

We were having an email convo late yesterday afternoon; the edited for relevant content version is below.

TSR: What's for dinner? I have no food in this house!

(time gap here since I left work before he sent the above email and I didn't get it until I was home after hitting the store)

Me: You should have called me...I'm heating up a TV dinner.

TSR: I'm at red robin in the bar.

Me: You're in a bar and you didn't call me? I was just at Target.

(Target is in the same shopping center as Red Robin)

TSR: Its not like its across town.

Me: And your point is?

TSR: I'm ordering another black and tan and I'm packed. I'll be here for a while.

Me: And your point is?

TSR: Are you coming or not?

Me: Putting my shoes on.

OK, would it have killed him to just ask, "Why don't you come meet me?" It's not like I needed a "My night wouldn't be complete if you weren't here with me" declaration. A simple request would have made me content and he knew it, too, but wouldn't give me the satisfaction.

Dang him and his not-so-nice ways that apparently only I see.

He did buy my beers, though, so I'll give him that.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020