Tales From The Midwest - It's a Small World

Look, Mommy, I can fit into your suitcase!

I had a rough start to my travel day on my Midwest tour. Orbitz is nice enough to send you a text message with your flight status. Three hours ahead of time. So, I got a text at 2 AM to let me know my flight was on schedule. Gee, thanks. That was the wake up call for George so I got no more sleep.

By the time I got my car parked, shuttled to the airport and got on the plane, I was pretty much running on automatic. I got into DFW, checked my gate and headed to the bar. After a beer and a sandwich, I was much more alert and started taking in my surroundings.

While waiting at the gate, I glanced over the crowd and made eye contact with another passenger. It was one of those, "Is that who I think it is?" moments because it was one of my club members.

It was indeed Gail and she was heading to Des Moines for her Dad's 70th Birthday. She was actually on my first flight but we were both too zonked to notice each other. I tried to talk her into ditching the party and going to the Buffett show with us but she didn't think her husband would be happy with her since he was stuck back at home.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020