Bad Omen to Football Week 3

I've completely overscheduled myself (again!) and topped it off with a sick day on Thursday where I literally slept and laid on my couch so I got behind on putting in my football picks. I try to have them done by Friday.

I made sure I was up in what I thought was plenty of time to set my lineups for both Fantasy Leagues and get my Pick 'Em in. Fantasy got done (just one change needed) then I moved on to the Yahoo Pick 'Ems and finally went to my work (and money) Pick 'Em on CBS Sports and clicked on my winner pick for the first game but nothing happened. I reloaded the page, still couldn't click.

It finally occurred to me that I was locked out. Sure enough, I checked the rules and the games lock one hour before game time. I missed it by 6 minutes. We pay out weekly and my picks so far haven't been stellar so I don't know that I should have expected to win anyway. However, we have a bigger payout at the end of the year and I pretty much screwed myself out of any chance for that since it's cumulative points.

Fantasy is going to be interesting (and probably painful) this week. I'm starting three players in one league and playing against those same players in the other: Aaron Rodgers, Shonn Greene and Ahmad Bradshaw. I think I may not watch any games until Monday night (gotta watch the Packers) just to keep my stress level down.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020