Love The Waldorf

When's the last time you had a Waldorf salad? If you're like me, you probably can't even recall. It's not something I've ever made and it's not very common to have on restaurant menus here in the Southwest.

I had some last night and the leftovers tonight and it was so good that I won't wait nearly as long between eatings.

The reason I had it is that I hosted book club last night and my original dinner plan was to get takeout salads from Acacia Cafe. Unfortunately, I forgot to check their hours of operation and they close at 3 PM. I called at 3:02 PM.

Next idea was to hit up Costco. They had Caesar Salad, Spinach Salad and Waldorf Salad all ready for assembly so I snagged those and some nice bread, cheese and crackers. Dinner problem solved in one stop, sweet!



All of the salads were good but I was so excited about the Waldorf that I couldn't stop myself from sharing how long it had been for me and asking everyone else when was the last time they'd had a Waldorf. Turns out, a long, long time was the answer for all of us.

Good stuff and I'm keeping it in the back of my mind for my next rush dinner. Or, if I just want to have some. Yummy.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020