Book Review - Killing Floor

Killing Floor (Jack Reacher Series, #1)Killing Floor by Lee Child

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My friend has been on me to read this series for quite a while. I finally requested this one from the library (actually had to wait for it which is surprising considering how old it is) and devoured it over two nights.

A digression: I think I like paranormal fiction so much because there's an element of "this can't really happen" no matter how violent it gets. "Real" fiction like this book disturbs me greatly because the violence is human to human and all too plausible. I actually had nightmares the first night I was reading this.

Jack Reacher is a loner who decides on a whim to visit a small town in Georgia where he's arrested for murder. Ex-military, ex-homicide investigator, Reacher is soon involved in solving the murder and the ensuing ones that very shortly come along.

Reacher's smartly developed, the other characters are pretty well drawn and the final mystery resolution was satisfactory and not completely predictable.

I'll keep reading these.



View all my reviews

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020