If I Only I Could Be In Two Places at One Time...

I had a great time last night hanging with the band. But, it would have been great to also be in Knoxville, IA.

Yes, Knoxville, Iowa.

I got a phone call from Mike Finnegan yesterday afternoon. He was in Knoxville getting ready to go the local dirt track for the races. He was already several beers in and really jazzed about the upcoming evening. Can't say that I blame him.

See, Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman and Ken Schrader were all scheduled to race that night. How sweet is that?! Definitely an experience of a lifetime to see NASCAR cup racers mix it up on the dirt.

Apparently, it was quite the experience since Mike felt compelled to text me at 12:30 this morning to tell me all about it. I was in the middle of the recording session then so I couldn't respond much but did tell him, "Dude, you're drunk." Which he denied but since his text messages weren't exactly in English he had no defense.

I talked to him on the way home and he was still buzzing. He and his buddies had gone out to a local watering hole after the races and met some girls who wanted to take the party to the Hy-Vee which is a grocery store chain. He found that hilarious and I know because he laughed about it several times.

Ah, there's nothing like being the sober recipient of a long-distance drunk dial. (Smooches, Mike!)

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020