Movie Reviews

I managed to watch a few flicks on cable this weekend.

Poseiden

This is the remake with Kurt Russell and Josh Lucas. Thank goodness for the latter because looking at his gorgeous face almost made up for how boring this movie was. There are only so many times one can watch people swimming through water filled passageways before saying, "Enough already!" I didn't care for any of the characters and was actually actively hoping that one of them would die because she was so annoying (religious girl). I wouldn't have watched this on my own but I was trapped getting my hair done while it was on.

The Breakup

Jennifer Aniston made this an okay flick for me. I don't know if she was using the movie as some sort of catharsis for Brad Pitt leaving her for that icky chick (come on, she wore a vial of Billy Bob's blood, ew!) but I had a lot of sympathy for her character. I also quite liked that Vince Vaughan's character realized he was a complete ass but it was too late. Or, was it?

The Family Stone

There's no way anyone could be as uptight as Sarah Jessica Parker's character was in this film. I couldn't get past that but the movie sucked me in with the Mother dying from cancer thing. Some day, that plot line might not make me cry like a baby but it will take a long while. My Mom's breast cancer battle is still too easily recalled.

Beerfest

I got 11 minutes in and I felt like my IQ was dropping a point for every second of that. I decided that anything would be a better use of my time than watching this movie so I turned it off.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020