Author Event - Michael Connelly


View from the second row.

I've been reading Connelly for years. Harry Bosch is one of my all time favorite characters. He brings out this strange (for me) maternal instinct where I just want him to be happy. Poor Harry. Even when he seems to be happy, there's always some dark cloud just waiting to rain on him.

If you don't know who Connelly is, the latest Matthew McConaughey movie, The Lincoln Lawyer, is based on one of his books.

So, I was thrilled when The Poisoned Pen announced Connelly's latest engagement to be hosted at the Arizona Biltmore resort. I went with my friend Annette and our friend Joanne was working the event so it was some nice time together.

Connelly was great. The woman who interviewed him is an intellectual property lawyer from Phoenix (she has Stephenie Meyer as a client) so there was a lot of discussion about the business of optioning books for movies. As an MBA, I found it quite fascinating. He also talked about how and when he writes and the influence of his father on his writing. Very fun!

When he signed my book, I asked one more question: Which came first, a family member for Harry or the character Mickey Haller? He said Haller was first but then he wanted to tie them together so he made them brothers.

Connelly was very gracious to everyone and I'm all caught up on the Bosch and Haller books so the new one, The Fifth Witness, is next on my list. I can't wait to read it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020