Movie Review - Inkheart

I've never read Cornelia Funke's book though it was a big seller for a long time. I'm not sure why I didn't since I like those fairy tale type stories. I guess I thought it would be too young for me. When the movie version came out, I recall it getting only mediocre reviews so I didn't cough up any money for it.

However, it was showing on HBO this week so I thought, what the heck, I could spend some time watching it. It would at least keep from cleaning house.

While far from being the best fantasy movie ever, it was still entertaining. An actress like Helen Mirren is completely out of place here and it was odd to see Brendan Fraser in a relatively humorless role. However, Paul Bettany, Jim Broadbent and Andy Serkis were fun to watch. Plot holes aside, not a bad way to spend almost two hours on a quiet Sunday afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020