Missed It By *That* Much


I set a goal halfway through this year to average at least one blog post per day for every month. It didn’t matter what the post was. It could be a story, a book review, a picture. It was all about getting the frequency up.

I was doing pretty well until November. Between a week in Key West and coming back to 11 hour work days, I just didn’t have the energy to post a lot. Thank the gods for book reviews. I had a lot of those to get me close to my quota so I didn’t feel like a complete slacker.

Now, you may ask why, if I had time to read so much, why didn’t I have time to create original posts? Well, it all comes down to mental effort. It’s much easier to read a frothy book about vampires or werewolves than it is to try to put together an articulate and entertaining (hopefully) story for a post. It’s even easier to watch TV then to read so most November evenings found me vegging on the couch because I was too drained to do much else.

Hopefully, I’ll get back on track for December. Why it’s important to me, I don’t exactly know. I think at the time I set the goal it was a way for me to make sure I got original writing structured in to my schedule. Now, it’s just stubbornness. And, that’s nothing new in my world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020