Please, sir. May I have some more?

Or, whatever the frak the exact quote is.

This four day weekend couldn't have come at a better time for me. Work has been crazy and my social calendar has been fully booked. It was so nice to have some down time.

Not that I didn't have things to do. Or, that I didn't add things in.

Thursday was great. I slept in a tad, rode my exercise bike, did my hair (back to red!), watched my Green Bay Packers win over the Detroit Lions then went to my parents' house for dinner with our extended family. Steven and I managed to get all (too much for the amount of people there) of the food on the table at the right temperatures. I also banned any talk of illness, surgery or death of someone that Steven and I had never heard of from the table in exchange for us giving up the kids' table. It was nice.

I got home about 8:30 and my neighbor to the front heard me walk up. She called over her fence, "Hey Kathy, my friend Angel and I are about to get into the hot tub. Want to come over?" I thought about it for about 15 seconds and decided that sounded like a pleasant end to the evening so I said I'd be over after I changed into my suit.

My only mistake was in leaving my front door open with just the security door locked. George pathetically cried. It was sad. The hot tub had a heating issue so the three of us ending up drinking, talking, singing and dancing until 1:30 in the morning. I got a sternly worded message from George when I woke up at 8:30 to find she had vomited up some cat food right by my shoes. Thankfully, it was on tile. But, I now understand that the neighbor is off limits.

Friday was a sleep in (I did got to be bed at 1:30), bike, read and clear the DVR day. I finally had to hit the shower at 2 so I could head out a little after 3 to meet my friends for Chick Poker. Man, what a fun night! I think each of us had tears of laughter at least once during the evening. I know I did more than once.

Saturday was a day of sloth. I read 3 1/2 books and made a bigger dent in the DVR recorded list. I didn't even hit the shower until 6PM and I went from one pair of pajamas to another without any day clothes in between. BTW, I watched the first three episodes of Hell On Wheels back to back and I really like the show. Of course, I'm partial to liking anything with Colm Meaney in it but I truly enjoyed it.

It was the most relaxing day I've had in months. Seriously, I've had something to do every day since I don't know when. It was delightful to just relax, never leave the house and do whatever I felt like.

I need more days like that but I don't see any in my future for weeks to come.

Sunday was a fairly early wakeup because I just can't turn off my internal alarm clock. I was up, showered and dressed in no time so I did some minor chores like taking out the garbage, cleaning out the fridge and cleaning the kitchen (including the microwave which, man, how many things have exploded in there anyway?).

I headed over to Barb's for a Miche purse party at 2 and thoroughly enjoyed a long afternoon with Barb, Crash, Leslie and Kay. The long afternoon turned into evening with Crash, Barb and John and it was delightful. I love spending time with my friends. As much as I enjoyed being alone (well, not quite since George was glued to me) on Saturday, I enjoyed being with people on Sunday.

So, that brings me to tonight. I have a shitload of work to do before the end of the year. But, I find myself wondering what time to set my alarm. It's usually 6 AM but the past two weeks it's been 5 so I can get into work early. And still stay late. Sigh.

I'm going to go with 5:30. And, I'm hoping it's not another 11 hour day. But, it's a short week since I'm heading out of town again this weekend. As much fun as that is, I think I'm still going to look back at this weekend and wonder how I can arrange my life so that four days off in a row is much more common.

Because, I need those. Badly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020