Book Review - London Bridges

Before I begin this review, I just want to state that I am not a nerdy bookworm with no life. I am a nerdy bookworm WITH a life who's just had a lot of time to read lately. Now that we've got that covered...

London Bridges is James Patterson's tenth Alex Cross novel. You'd think by now that I would know better than to start a Patterson book at 9 PM on a school night, but nooo. I had to force myself to spread it out over two nights or I wasn't making it into work before noon (they might frown on that).

The story finds Cross up against two of his previous adversaries, the sociopathic Weasel and Wolf. The Wolf threatens to blow up several major cities around the globe unless he's paid an exorbitant ransom. Per the typical Patterson story, there are plenty of red herrings strewn about and plot surprises as Cross travels across the globe to try to catch the bad guys. Good guys get killed, bad guys get killed (some in ugly ways) and, unlike in some previous Cross stories, there is some resolution at the end. Or, is there?

It was a good read (even though it gave me nightmares the first night) and better than the past couple of Cross books.

On a side note, I was lucky enough to meet James Patterson a few years ago while I was a Bookseller. What a nice, friendly gentleman he is. It's hard to fathom how someone who seems so kindly can come up with some of the horribly violent stories that he does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020