Book Review - My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist

Some readers may think I like every book I read. Well, this book disproves that theory. Author Mark Leyner's book was described as "Brilliant mutant prose" by the San Francisco Examiner. I think a more accurate description is "Nonsensical drivel."

Here's an excerpt:

"tonight at madison square garden the new york rangers disemboweled the boston bruins' goalie, brought a hibachi onto the ice, roasted his intestines and served them on toast points to the howling hometown fans my cousin my gastroenterologist is himself in the hospital after having been viciously attacked at a hawaiian luau he's got three potentially dangerous ukulele fragments lodged in his brain the doctor says jabbing at an x-ray with his pointer"

That was actually a more coherent section. I forced myself to get through 40 pages and I was done. Save yourself some time and don't bother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020