Living in the Sticks

I've been living in the outskirts of Chandler for a year now...and it's still like living in BFE. There are three roads I can take to get to the house: Germann, Queen Creek and Gilbert. At all times in the past year, two of them have been under construction and often all three have been under repair, being repaved, detoured, you name it. So, I don't wash my car very often since I'm driving through dust and gravel all the time (I'm also very lazy) and I'm never sure which way I'm going to get home since their signs consistently lie and have the wrong closure dates on them.

Let's talk library. I lived less than one mile from the main branch of the Scottsdale Public Library. It was a beautiful thing though I used to complain that it didn't open on Sunday until 1 PM. Now, my nearest library is in a High School (albeit a large high school) and it's not even open on Sundays and closes on Thursday and Friday at 5 PM. I also went from two full walls of new books to look at it to two half-full bays.

I won't even get into grocery stores and gas stations - I admit it, I'm a spoiled city dweller!

But, there's something to make me happy in March. A shopping center is opening a mile away that will have a Target Supercenter (groceries!), a Barnes & Noble, a Michael's, a Linens and Things and a Panda Express! I will have crack available just a short jaunt away! (For those who've had Orange Chicken from Panda Express, you'll understand the crack reference. The stuff is just that addicting but unfortunately, doesn't make you lose weight like the street crack.)

I've been watching the construction process for over a year and the fact that it will soon be done gives me a big, warm fuzzy.

Of course, two months after everything's open, Sugar Daddy's going to decide it's time to move, so I got that going for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020