Tea Time

I went to a Tea Party yesterday. Those who know me well are now thinking, "Kathy? Tea Party? There's no beer involved so how is that going to work? How is it even possible!?!" Probably people who know me even slightly are thinking that, too.

Well, it was a Bridal Shower for my friend Dianne so how could I say no? We met at a little tea/antique place. Judging by what was on sale there, their definition of antique is a knick knack that you would find at your Grandma's house that she bought at a Stuckey's on a road trip circa 1970.

While weak in the antique department, they did serve a mean tea (can tea actually be mean? I probably need a better word there...). I tried both the cinnamon and apricot - both pleasant though the cinnamon was pretty strong. Our first course was a scone with strawberry preserves, clotted cream (sounds gross, tastes yummy) and lemon curd (also sounds gross but tastes yummy). They then brought out many platefuls of tiny sandwiches. There was the standard cucumber but there was also a great spinach mousse and a tasty quiche variation. Finally, it was dessert time: a mixture of cheesecake bites, chocolate covered strawberries and the like. All of the food was excellent.

Somewhere between sandwiches and dessert, Mary Ellen had them break out the champagne. (Now you're thinking this sounds much more like a 'Kathy' event.) We watched Dianne open her gifts while going through several bottles of bubbly. What could be better than drinking champagne at 1 PM in the afternoon? Well, actually, drinking Mimosas at 8 AM would be better so forget I asked.

If you want to replicate our tea experience, go to Tessa's Tea & Treasures
4700 N Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012. You'll have to supply your own champagne, though.

Comments

Crime Dog said…
I refuse to eat anything that can be described as "clotted." That's just plain wrong. And, if stuff from 1970 is considered "antique," I don't even want to speculate as to what that makes me.......

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020