Hakuna Matata and All That Jazz

Steven and I caught the travelling Broadway musical The Lion King last night at Gammage. Neither of us are musical fans and I've never seen the movie (pretty much anti-Disney animations except for The Jungle Book which will never be topped). The costumes were really cool (actually, really, really cool) and a few of the actors stood out. Larry Yando as Scar and Derek Hasenstab as Zazu were great. As to the rest of it, eh, I could take it or leave it.

We had great seats (thanks to SmartPractice) but Steven regretted his aisle choice when he almost got beaned by a bird on a stick. They used the whole theater with cast members coming in via the aisles and actors up in the balcony. I'm happy I went but even happier I went for free and didn't pay the $80 ticket price.

Comments

Crime Dog said…
We took Hailey the Grandparakeet to "The Lion King," and she was spellbound. Loved it! We were in the balcony, though, and could not see some of the action that was going on high up on the stage.
Anonymous said…
I agree, Larry Yando and Derek Hasenstab as Scar and Zazu are exceptionally talented - yes, they are well worth the $80 ticket price!! Everyone else is pretty much nothing to write home about. But, the costumes, staging, and music is beautifully done. Go see it!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020