I See Dead People

Last Saturday, I went on a ghost tour of the San Carlos Hotel in Phoenix with my buds Angela, Morgan and Chris. We learned about some of the many ghosts that haunt the place. There's a young woman who fell to her death from the roof - whether she jumped or was pushed is still undetermined. There are also several young boys (I guess I should say former young boys) who loiter near the basement well, giggling and bouncing a ball. Oh, the well is a vortex, too. The scary one is a guy who haunts the former manager's apartment who rattles gates, has a diabolical laugh and traps our tour guide in the elevator. Her husband was so scared of this one that he won't go in that part of the building.

They tell you to bring a camera because people are capturing "orbs" on film. One guy in our group got a picture of an angry face in a whirlwind. It was CREEPY! Morgan took a quick series of 6 shots in the bar (of course we went for post-tour cocktails) and got something on a few of them. It looked like a vaporous shape went through them. We weren't sure if it was just some sort of reflection and, in the name of science, we tried to replicate the pictures but couldn't.

We also had dinner at the next-door Seamus McCaffrey's (also haunted). There the soap dispenser in the woman's bathroom had come flying off the wall and there are two repeating apparitions. Needless to say, I didn't use the facilities.

The tours are every Saturday for part of the year and only it only costs $10. I thought it was well worth it, especially since I don't think any of the ghosties came home with me. They have a website, www.ghostsofphoenix.com if you want to check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020