Be Proud Of Your Allegiance!


Hmmm, can you tell who my favorite driver is?

We have a new guy at work and Sugar Daddy was talking to him about sports (those who know Sugar Daddy know he was just being polite as he is soooo non-sportsy) and the guy says he likes NASCAR. Sugar Daddy's response was, "No WAY! I hate NASCAR but Kathy loves it." So, the guy comes up to me and says he's a NASCAR fan and my response was, "No WAY! Did Sugar Daddy (though I used his actual name) put you up to that?

Once I believed him, I asked, "Are you a Junior fan?" Now, I admit I said it in a way to lead him to believe that I was not but he said "Not really, I was a big Dale Sr. fan and I really like Randy LaJoie." We chatted a bit about this weekend's race and my driver then went back to work.

I saw his truck in the parking lot later on and he has three decals on his window: a 3, a 57 and an 8. His license plate is a version of NASCAR and the number 8. Dude! Clearly you're a Junior fan and I was going to find out eventually so why downplay it? I'm guessing Sugar Daddy told him that he's referred to as "Effing" Junior in our house and that may have scared him a little.

I suppose he was trying to not make waves the first day, but come on! You have to be proud of whom you support. I could be in the middle of a group of Bears fans and I would still proudly state my allegiance to the Pack. (Actually, I have been in the middle of a group of Bears fans and stated my allegiance to the Pack...more than once.) You gotta stick up for your guy(s)! I'm OK with someone supporting someone other than my driver. Heck, I even dated a Kurt Bush fan...not that I'll make that mistake again. Some beliefs just don't mix. But I'll respect you more if you don't try to hide whom you're rooting for.

Unless, you're a visting fan at a Raiders game. Then, I'll applaud your discretion because those people are just plain crazy!

Comments

Crime Dog said…
And the Packers STILL suck.
Cheesehead said…
In our freedom loving country, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...even though you're completely wrong!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020