Movie Review - Flight of the Phoenix

Sugar Daddy actually paid a $3.99 PPV fee for us to spend 113 minutes of our lives that we will never get back. This movie was bad, really bad, so bad that even seeing buff men without shirts didn't make it interesting. Though I do have to admit that Dennis Quaid looks good for an old guy.

A group of mostly wildcatters crash in the Mongolian Desert with limited food and water, no radio and, of course, way off course. They end up getting threatened by Chinese nomads/drug smugglers/rejects from an Indian Jones movie and build another plane out of their wrecked one to fly out. Along the way, several of them get bumped off and they have the standard "we're doing it my way", "no, my way" arguments.

The characters are somewhat developed but of course, they killed off the hot Scottish guy who was the only one keeping me interested. Every time I saw Miranda Otto onscreen, I wanted to say "Hey Eowyn, where's your sword?" And Giovanni Ribisi gave the strangest performance I've seen in a very long time.

To sum it up, I suggest you use your 113 minutes somewhere else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020