Jimmy Was In Town

What a day - I left work early because a group of us rented a limo to take us to the Buffett show. I could get used to those banker hours. Craig set it up and, once we were in the limo, had control of the tunes and, apparently the A/C. We were sweltering.

We got to Macayo's for the pre-concert and I joined some of the gang at a table...for about 10 minutes then the Butterfly had to be free. I saw friends from Tucson, Galveston Bay and LA and somehow ended up spending most of my time near the beer station. Surprise, surprise.

Greg was there to show me his "I Voted Red" (or something like that) bracelet. He was all proud of it and knew I wouldn't really be impressed. I wear bracelets that support cancer research, bone marrow matching and solders KIA in Iraq. He wears one that supports...I don't know what it supports but in a state where you can't throw a rock without hitting a Republican, I'm not sure why he needs to advertise his status.

Macayo's got really crowded so we headed over to Cricket. Some of us got into the VIP tent for free beers (as if we needed more) then it was off to the show. It was a good one, too. I had an aisle seat which worked well for me as I spent a lot of time jumping around to other rows. If not for the seat Nazis who busted us for standing 3 inches into the aisle, it would have been perfect.

It was great being able to avoid the parking lot holdup and have someone drive us home. Or, in my case nearly home.

Here's the playlist of the show courtesy of Buffett News.

Hot Hot Hot
Survivor Music

01 Piece Of Work
02 Coconut Telegraph
03 Hey Good Lookin'
04 Holiday
05 Ragtop Day
06 Come Monday
07 Diamond As Big As The Ritz
08 Woman Goin' Crazy On Caroline Street
09 License To Chill
10 The Horizon Has Been Defeated
11 Changes In Lattitudes, Changes in Attitudes
12 Volcano
13 Cheeseburger In Paradise
14 Brown Eyed Girl

Intermission: Johnny Carson Tribute -> WDWGD
(by some musically inclined parrotheads)

15 La Vie Dansante
16 Lighthouse
17 Banana Republics
18 Southern Cross
19 School Boy Heart
20 Trip Around The Sun
21 Last Mango In Paris
22 It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
23 One Particular Harbour
24 Margaritaville

First Encore:
25 Fins
Band Intros

26 Scarlet Begonias

Second Encore:
27 A Pirate Looks At Forty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020