Chick Poker - Part Deux

We convened once again at the Stewart household for another fun (pain?) filled evening of chick poker. Morgan agreed to deal for us again. He says we're actually fun and amusing and he enjoys it. By the end of the night, he thought we were ruthless with the verbal abuse we were throwing each others' ways.

Play has improved since last time.

Becky didn't need to ask Morgan for advice very much but she did pick up a habit of putting in her chips ahead of her turn. In the interest of fair disclosure, I did that myself once and was very ashamed.

Chris still couldn't remember to ante. Though now her cover story is that she's doing it just to annoy me. Yeah, tell us another one, Chris.

Angela couldn't catch a break. She had to buy in a second time just to keep playing. She didn't really make any major mistakes it was just that damn Stacey and her lucky cards...

Speaking of that damn Stacey, she had to call that stupid Criss Cross, or is it Kriss Kross or some other goofy spelling? Regardless, she didn't know the name anyway. "Let's play Tic-Tac-Toe!" I won't bore you with the rules of the game but it can go on for-freaking ever and it did. I think we played it for close to an hour before someone beat the dummy hand. Felt like all night even though I managed to make some cash off of it. On the plus side, she only tried to add an extra pair to her hand once; "I've got a straight and a pair!"

More on that damn Stacey - in a hand of 5 card draw, she ended up with 9s over 7s after taking two cards. Morgan said, "Got two 7s on the draw, huh?" She said, "No, I got a 7 and a 9."

She kept two 9s and a 7!!! What kind of a crackhead does that? And, how do you play against it? It appeared that Morgan laughed at it, but he could have been crying.

No beer to keep me going this time, had to break into the harder stuff and drink wine. Stacey had some good Stumpy stuff (I think it was actually D'Arenberg Stump Jump Red) that I quite enjoyed. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

We're scheduled to play again next month. I'll have to take notes as there were several hilarious comments made (mainly by me, natch) that of course I can't recall now.

BTW, I was going to call this post Chick Poker Part II but Angela wanted me to use Deux. And she says she's not high maintenance...

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Natch?"??!??
Excuse me, but i believe that all other participants will testify to the fact that I was the funniest (Rue McClanahan comment wins face down, dude!). The funniest and the luckiest. And Chris is pretty funny too (Let's play "Tom.")
I may never play again. It is sometimes hard to top myself.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020