Add It To The List!

Sugar Daddy and I go out to lunch every day. It's the same routine, day in and day out. We get into the car and I ask, "What do you feel like today?" and he says, "Food." Not so helpful. Then, we get to the edge of the parking lot and I say, "Right or left?" Sometimes, he'll give me an answer but most of the time I take whatever's the easiest turn. We drive for a while and at every intersection I ask, "Right, left or straight?" Eventually, I mention several different places, he rejects the majority of them and we finally come to a consensus. And, by consensus, I mean he decides.

The thing is, there's a very limited list of places that we go to. And, we go to them so often and order the same things every time that they practically submit our orders for us before we even get seated. Sugar Daddy's really picky which is why our list is so small.

This morning, I read an article about a new (to Phoenix) chain called Rumbi. It's a Hawaiian/Caribbean place that started in Utah, of all places. SD's into the Hawaiian stuff big time so, when I suggested it, he agreed to give it a try.

He had the pork plate and I had a spinach salad that was in no way healthy. The dressing was flavored with Jalapeno Bacon and it had lots of feta and caramelized nuts on it. It was mighty tasty!

His willingness to go to a new place was a big surprise, to be honest, but the biggest surprise was that he declared, "Add it to the list!"

Yay! I'm looking forward to trying the rest of the salads before settling on my go-to dish.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020