Cruise Stories - Travel Day

Several of us had a direct flight to Ft Lauderdale on Friday morning. I'd arranged for Steven to drive me to the airport. I told him I'd be at my parents around 7:30ish and wanted to leave right away. I got there at 7:40 and he was still in bed. Apparently, since I didn't call him to wake him up, that was my fault.

He stumbled out of bed and we headed off in my Mom's van to the airport. Between him being sleepy and driving with his left foot since his right was encased in a boot, I felt lucky to make it to the airport in one piece.

Hooked up with Moose and Carol and Roger and Todd and got on the plane only to sit on the tarmac for 45 minutes or so. I had my mini and was reading a book so it took me a long time to realize we weren't going anywhere. Apparently, there was a maintenance issue. I unplugged long enough to hear the flight attendant say:

"The mechanics think they have the problem fixed so we're going to try to start the number 2 engine."

Thinks? Try? WTF? I'd like a definitive "We're good to go, no worries" type message, please.

The Babes were supposed to be on the same flight but were coming in later. The train of thought that went through my head was something like this: We're all going to die except the Babes and it's going to be one of those "Incredible Mysteries" stories where Mom O'Malley's spirit kept them from the plane and saved their lives.

I only took three books on the trip and with our delay and long flight time, I got through 1 and 1/3 of them by the time we got to Lauderdale.

Moose and Carol rented a van in Lauderdale so we could all travel to Cheeseburger in Paradise for dinner. We waited for Rick and Julie to meet up with us then headed out. Moose sorta knew where it was based on looking at Google maps or somesuch and we managed to find it pretty easily. There was a wait for a table so I said, "Let's head to the bar!"

The gang said the Margs were good (wouldn't know, drank Miller Lite) but I can tell you I loved my burger. They cooked it just the way I liked it which is not at all. We expected to find a gift shop but they only had a couple of shirts for sale at the hostess stand so we didn't make any purchases. There were some acquisitions, however, but I had nothing to do with that.


Me, Julie, Rick, Moose and Carol at Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020