Is It Just Parrot Heads, or People in General?

The Big Kahuna, Mr. Jimmy Buffett, is coming to Phoenix on April 18th. One of the perks of being in an official Parrot Head Club is that tickets get set aside for our use (we do pay for them, though). It's nice to not have to scramble for tickets to a show that sells out in less than an hour and we usually all get to sit together.

We usually don't have a lot of time to turn in our request count. The club has to send a check for the total amount so we want everyone's money in hand so we aren't left with tickets to get rid of. They can only be used by members of a club so it's not like we can put them on EBay or anything.

Anywhoo, I've sent out several emails, pretty much all with the same info.

1. Email me if you want tickets, how many and who's using them.
2. It's members only, so send in an application and dues if you're planning on taking a non-member.
3. Send a check to our PO Box that must be received by March 1.

Sounds simple, right?

Apparently, not.

I've gotten checks out of the blue without any emails. I've gotten several people in the past two days asking to drop the money off at my house which I'm not too keen on since some of them are complete strangers.

I had Grandpa (and he wasn't the only one) asking me what the deadline was and whether he could mail it to my house. Clearly, he doesn't read the club emails very thoroughly. (He's sending it to the PO Box, BTW.)

The only person I've given an extension to is a member who's in Micronesia. Everyone else better have their money in.

I know what's going to happen. I'm checking the PO Box one last time tomorrow, sending out the final list and people are going to start complaining that they're not on it. Since I'm leaving town at 7:30 AM on Friday, it's going to be a case of "I'm really sorry, but you didn't make the deadline."

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020